ADVERTISEMENT

In a sad report, two students of the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) have died.

These two students were reportedly killed by fumes from a generator. The names of the students are Fred Eberechukwu, Anele Stephen, and Udeagbala Kenechukwu.

These students, allegedly put on the generator in their locked room and fell asleep with the incident happening in their Jabulani Hostel, Eziobodo, Owerri West Council Area of Imo State.

The incident was confirmed by the Spokesperson of the State Police Command, SP Orlando Ikeokwu who said;

On March 4, at about 6 pm, upon a report received at the Divisional Police Headquarters, operatives of the Division moved to Jabulani Hostel, Eziobodo, and met the three (3) occupants of one of the rooms, identified as Nkama Fred Eberechukwu “M” 22YRS, Udeagbala Kenechukwu”M” 21 and Anele Stephen “M” 21, all lying helplessly in the room.

ADVERTISEMENT

The operatives broke into the room and immediately evacuated them to the Federal Medical Centre, (FMC) Owerri where two of the victims were certified dead by the doctors on duty.

One of the victims Nkama Fred Eberechukwu was successfully revived, and currently receiving treatment at the hospital.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the victims might have suffocated as a result of the fume (carbon monoxide) which emanated from their power generating set, which they inhaled while sleeping, as the power generator was seen directly by the window in an enclosed space, and the fume discharging pipe pointing directly towards the window.

Source: NgGossips.com

ADVERTISEMENT

Comments